Ok so I made my way to Corfu, Greece by hopping on a train from Rome, which was great to see the Italian countryside. when I got off the train in Brinidsi,Italy I saw 3 young girls with huge backpacks on...to a normal traveler this might mean nothing but to a solo travler this means...hey these girls might speak English and are probably going to the Pink Palace too! So I ask them where they are headed and sure enough...corfu! So I make some new friends headed the same way which was perfect b/c i had no clue how to do the ferryboat thing. We had quite an adventure, trying to get tickets w/ a nonEnglish speaking lady, attempting to walk to the port ( i quickly vetoed this with my pulling luggage) and then waiting for 6 hours before being able to board the boat! Needless to say these girls now know a lot about me and my life! haha! The ferry ride was miserable, it was overnight and our "cheap" seats literally translated into a disgusting floor of a bar area where there was suppose to be no smoking but everyone was smoking!!! When we arrived in Corfu I couldn't tell you how HAPPY i was to see the sun rising over the mountains as the loading dock got tied up!!!
I've been working for just a week now but it feels like over a month! haha! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! I do work some weird hours and never have a day off...so that part sucks, I'm not going to lie. But I do have a few hours off in the middle of the day which is my favorite time!! Then I usually nap, lay out at the pool or beach, swim or kayak! Sorry for all those in Alabama with all the rain because every day here has been gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! I kayaked with a guest yesterday because she didn't want to go out alone, we had a great time and even snorkled a little bit. I think one of my favorite things is the amazing people that come through this place. I work at reception so every time someone checks in we have to give them the whole low-down on everything that happens here, which includes lots of daily & nightly activities! It continously amazes me the people that travel and who they travel with and where they've been. There's always an interesting story in everyone!
I don't have any really juicy stories for everyone out there. My sweet Greek and I are still pretty flirty but that's about it for now! I'm not too worried whatever happens happens! Plus there's plenty of cute guest that always keep my mind occupied or entertained! Ha! I've been trying to balance the evening activites with my work and sleep and still getting the schedule down! I was hoping to go to bed early tonight but seeing as how facebook is taking forever to upload pics, it's now almost 2 am so looks like another sleepy day tomorrow! hope my old 28 body can handle this!!
I miss all of my US friends often and i'm totally sad that I've missed a lot of events, big and small that are happening over there! But to be honest this is a world away and I have to remind myself sometimes that my life back home even exisits! haha! Spiros is suppose to be bringing me one of his old phones (yay!) tomorrow so i'll have a greek number y'all can call if you want since my phone bill is out roof these days!! I'll try to blog more often but finding internet time is HARD! But I did finally upload one photo album on facebook, hopefully the second one won't be too far behind! (the photos above are 2 from Paris: My friends Maelle & her brother Guillaume out to eat, me and Guillaume leaving for my b'day adventure! and the sunrise in Corfu as the boat lowers it's lift!)
No comments:
Post a Comment