Well it was another lovely day of working at the Eye Bank and I was able to leave work a lil earlier than the normal working American and got home in time to review my Tivo'd Oprah that I missed from yesterday and then today's show. Oprah (for those of you who don't know) is one of the most fascinating people I think. She has had such an extraordinary life and continues to only achieve more daily and hourly. The thing I admire the most about her is her giving spirit!!!! She gives and gives and gives! I can only hope that some day the Lord will bless me enough to give 1/2 as much as Oprah has given!
But on to my point...today's show was giving related...it was about 3 people who had made a huge difference in all different ways. And the show really got me to thinking about my life, as I seem to do a lot of these days, and to really finding out what my calling is. I have no doubt (just from my upbringing and from my knowledge of the Lord and his love for all his children and his reason for creating this earth & sending his Son to die) that we were put here on this Earth for a reason and God has a purpose for us all. I just wonder how long I'll be searching for my purpose. I'm pretty sure that there are many different purposes for me, I'm just mostly scared that the main one I need to accomplish is sitting in front of me and I'm missing it. I don't want to miss it! But the only thing I know to do is pray. Pray that I will see that calling and that I won't miss out on it when it whacks me upside the head! Ha! I do know that it has got to be something to help others. God gave me parents that have instilled in me a giving spirit and I have no doubt that I want to use that spirit to encourage other to give. As a end result all I want is to do that thing that spreads more love, more smiles and more happiness! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment