It always amazes me how smells can take you to so many different places. It's often that I forget how powerful they can be until once again a fragrant whiff of something catches me off guard and transports me somewhere. Friday I was flipping through a magazine and one of those usually annoyingly bulky perfume ads swept passed my nose. The Clinique scent "Happy" took me back to late high school/early college days. I always got those free samples in my free gifts. Although no specific memory comes to mind, a feeling covers my body of a senses of "happiness" and a sense of how far I've come since my days of wearing "Happy"!
And then there's always my lovely perfume of L'air de Corfu! That quaint shop down a cobblestone alley in Corfu town. We went there for the yummy liqueur and left with a scent that shall always remind me of my time in Corfu. How different and carefree I was there. How no one, besides my best friend Haley, would ever see me again possibly. It wasn't until I returned home and that light scent crossed my nose one day that I realized what Corfu had meant to me.
I have no doubt that God gave us that amazing sense of smell for a thousand reasons...I'm sure there's someone out there that can't stand the smell of roses because it brings back bad memories of a loved lost but then there's also that person out there who can't get enough the smell of fresh rose because it reminds her of her husbands constant love and devotion. Every day I'm amazed by God's ways, so many out there that are right in front of us, yet we take for granted!
No comments:
Post a Comment