So in case you haven't seen or talked to me yet...I'm BACK! (in Alabama that is!) To be honest I have absolutely no idea even where to begin with this blogging lifestyle again but i'm just gonna push through. I have a feeling my blog might turn into lots of random stories from my summer abroad, over the course of time.
So, I've been back for a few weeks now and to be honest I'm having to take things slow. I knew it would be a lil different coming back home and the many differences but that's an understatment to what i felt. I literally was in a "pink bubble",as us fellow Pink Palace employees always joked about. (fyi-the hostel I worked at for 4 months was called the Pink Palace) Literally I ate, drank, worked (7days a week), played, slept and went out all at the Pink Palace. Now don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY loved my summer and wouldn't change a thing about it. But coming back to Birmingham and facing the realities of responsibility that exist here, was a bit much. Not to mention the tons of little things like: i hadn't really "watched TV" in 4 months now i'm slapped with 100 options, driving a car after 4 months, sleeping late, having a weekend, air-condition bedrooms( our staff rooms had fans only). So those are just a few things that I've taken in and readjusted to...of course most of them are all fabulous readjustments, so not complaining, just having to reprogram my mind back to reality.
So I do admit I stalk a lot on facebook these days...just hunting for a photo album to relive my summer of fun in Greece! I"ve successfully found some untagged pictures of me and have loved looking back at all the faces I met over the 4 months. Some moments it still amazes me that I actually lived on a Greek island for a summer of my life and I LOVE IT!!!! I'll leave that as enough for now but I hope to stay more on top of my blog with stories from my amazing summer with pictures! I"m sooo gald to be back though and see everyone I love and catch up to life in the U.S.ofA!
No comments:
Post a Comment