
So after 4 months of being at the Pink Palace (PP), it was finally time to head home. It was a bittersweet exit for me, considering all the amazing people and memories I'd made and the excitment I had for heading home. We had had a few other staff members leave before me and it's always a big to-do b/c everyone's sad and it was another reminder that the summer was coming closer and closer to an end!
My last night was on Saturday, which in PP terms Saturday night=Pink Toga Party night=best night of the week! So I knew it was giong to be fabulous no matter what! I was the first of the staff at reception to leave also. So that morning they made me do all my last things. Like when we had new arrivals I had to do the welcome spiel to them. (picture ABOVE) I had to rent the quads I had to do it all, which of course I loved and got so excited and sad to do for the last times! That afternoon I went to the beach to say goodbye and then had to go pack b/c i"d done none of that. My roomie Judie joined me and kept me entertained. My bag was freakin' huge too by the way! Then I went back to for my last evening of hours of work. I really didn't work I just flirted a lot and played at the reception bar! (what i normally do during my night time hours! hehe!)
Then towards the end of my shift I was eating a piece of bread & Haley grabbed it from my hand and threw it in the garbage and said " you don't want to go home fat, don't eat that" i was like WTF??? I knew something was up. Next thing I know I get pushed into the back room of reception where everyone yelled SUPRISE!!!! They had this awesome spread of food & drinks set up!! It had a cherry theme (inside PP joke!) with cherry cake, and Haley made chicken salad & homemade cheese straws b/c they're my favorite! Everyone came over and we had champagne. I gave a lovely rhyming speech about all my reception girls I work w/ and how much i love them, thanking them for everything.
As if that party wasn't enough...it was still Toga night. Every toga night Haley's fiance, Christo, does the Greek dancing there and every week they choose a different person to put in the middle to give a few Ouzo shots to and then break 8 plates on their head. Hard to explain kinda but it's a big fun thing for the guest,etc...So of course on my last night they choose me!! It's crazy, but fun! Then I was at the bar while they were cleaning all the plates off the dance floor and this really cute Australian guest came up & we were chatting and he was like "oh yeah I have a suprise for you, it's the first song that's gonna come on" I thought yeah right... (b/c the DJ never plays the songs you want him to) And what do you know, I hear....SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!! How great was he!!! He pulled me on the dance floor and all the staff surrounded me, it was truly one of the best moments of the pink palace summer! Then they played Fergalicious b/c my reception girls called me Brandalicious all summer. It was fabulous!!! The night continued forever!
Since I had to leave the PP at 5:30am for my flight...I just didn't go to sleep! haha! I stayed up all night with other guest and a few other fabulous staff members!!! I'll never be able to put into words how much every gesture that went on that night meant to me. But the whole day/night summed up my summer in the most perfect way...work that I loved in a strange way, people that I grew close to from around the world, partying with people i love, lots of super fun dancing and singing in pink togas...all on an island in Corfu, Greece! Oh and love lots of love in so many forms and fashions!!!
1 comment:
so fun! What a great last night!
Post a Comment