

So as most of you know I just took a wonderful Bendall girls weekend to New York City! My mom has been promising for years, so it was good to finally do this. We made it a long weekend, Thurs-Monday. We stayed at a great Holiday Inn Express near Times Square and in the area called Hell’s Kitchen (like the mean guy on TV). The weather was perfect, cold but not too cold. Minus the one day we had rainy, slush, which was miserable, except for the fact that is turned into SNOW!!! YAY! It didn’t stick really but it was snowing for most the afternoon/evening! Very fun! My sister prearranged a lot of the places we dined out, so I must say we dined at some amazing, amazing places. (Brooke’s BIL is a chef & has friends there who know the cool spots!) I have to say that I think that is totally part of the city experience!
My favorite thing was probably the amazing Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center! It was gorgeous and I must admit, gave me chills to kinda think about all the people there celebrating the same beautiful sight! And to add to that Christmas spirit-Radio City Rockettes!! I wasn’t totally keen on this but was amazed by the beauty of the theatre, dancers and production….did I mentioned I somehow booked 3rd row seats! Haha! I knew they were good seats but had no clue we’d be so close!!! We did some good shopping, however I didn’t really get that much since I enjoyed NYC food and no money didn’t help purchase potentials! Ha!
And yes for those curious minds, I did have a sort of night out like a local. A guy I met this summer in Greece lives there and had a fundraiser gala that he invited me to on Friday night. Needless, to say I had an amazing time!! He is a super fun guy and it was just a thrill to go out and feel like a “city local”. We had a blast together . But hey, it was a great experience many ways! LOL! We have similar personalities and danced the night away. Stayed out a lil too late but hey I'm 28 that's life and having fun right?
My favorite thing was probably the amazing Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center! It was gorgeous and I must admit, gave me chills to kinda think about all the people there celebrating the same beautiful sight! And to add to that Christmas spirit-Radio City Rockettes!! I wasn’t totally keen on this but was amazed by the beauty of the theatre, dancers and production….did I mentioned I somehow booked 3rd row seats! Haha! I knew they were good seats but had no clue we’d be so close!!! We did some good shopping, however I didn’t really get that much since I enjoyed NYC food and no money didn’t help purchase potentials! Ha!
And yes for those curious minds, I did have a sort of night out like a local. A guy I met this summer in Greece lives there and had a fundraiser gala that he invited me to on Friday night. Needless, to say I had an amazing time!! He is a super fun guy and it was just a thrill to go out and feel like a “city local”. We had a blast together . But hey, it was a great experience many ways! LOL! We have similar personalities and danced the night away. Stayed out a lil too late but hey I'm 28 that's life and having fun right?
Overall, great trip, ready to have some alone time (ha!) and look back over my pictures, a few I’ve added here. Would love to go back soon to NYC and do no touristy things besides shopping and plays! But for sure it got me in the Christmas spirit!!! Bring on Santa Claus!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment