Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow welcome...

Me with our cute lil snowwoman! Haley & I at Oysterfest with Midtown in the background! :)

Yep, so my first weekend in ATL consisted of the lovely snowfall that we in the South actually got. So Friday the snow fell hard as I drove home from work a lil early. But I couldn't be snowed in without some of my favorite girls, what fun would that be? So I went over to Haley & Ali's. Haley and I then opened a bottle of wine and headed out to frolick in the snow. If y'all know me at all you know that cold weather doesn't bother me too much and i LOVE LOVE LOVE snow!!! It makes me so happy, I think mainly b/c it reminds me of snowskiing with my family which i love doing! So Haley & I had snowball fights, scared a few neighbors, made a snowman and of course I had to make a snowangel!!! Holla!! :)

So I made it safely home that night. But then attempted to venture out to the bank Saturday morning. The roads seemed fine and there were tons of people on the road, didn't think that much of it. But was keepin' it simple and short when I went out. Well...I was coming up to a red light and braked, as one usually does for that color. And eeekk!!! NO BRAKES! Hit a lovely icy patch! and there was nothing i could do but hit the guy who was already stopped at the light. (shed your tears here for me!!! ) Not only that but on my hurry out the door I left my phone on the kitchen table. So here I am first weekend in new city, wreck I couldn't prevent, no cell and of course I don't have anyone's phone number memorized! Needless to say I had a bit of a small breakdown but luckily I hit a really nice man who was from South Carolina. He calmed me down and helpe me realized that's why we have insurance. The police was anything but nice and said he had too many wrecks to write reports for and gave us papers to fill out for insurance and then left us in his slushy dust. Boo ATL police! Just both damaged bumpers both drivable, mine got the lesser end of the deal so that's nice! Just annoying insurance stuff to deal with now.

So I came home down in the dumps and annoyed wanting to sulk in my bed. But Haley called and reminded me of the Oysterfest I needed to get showered for! Decided to not let the icy patch win and got ready. Haley, me and 2 other girls went to this huge Oysterfest that was an all day thing. It was so packed but so much fun! So many new faces and kinda exciting that I didn't know any of them...kinda scary at the same time though! ha! But many cute boys for sure, always comforting! :) We pretty much closed 'fest down that night. Great dancing and met a few new friends. All in all exciting first officially outting as an Atlantian!

What a weekend! Emotions galore but know these things happen and I'll roll with the punches...good ones and bad ones!

3 comments:

Sara Singleton said...

Love that you are rocking the old skool Timerberlands :) Can't wait to come visit you there!!!

Sara Singleton said...

i mean Timberland's. sorry. not awake yet.

Lauren Miller said...

Aww. So sorry to hear about your wreck. Glad the guy was nice! And very glad you didnt let it ruin your weekend fun!