Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Overdue...in ATL

My cake that said "Don't Go" on it! haha! Loved it!
Well needless to say since my last blog my life has been a whirlwind! Not only did I have to find a place to live but also had to throw 2 showers for my best friends, pack up my life in Bham and begin a whole new chapter in Atlanta! I don't even know what angle to begin this at....

Briefly, have to say that Haley & Christos finally headed back to their island home but before they got off we had a lovely wine and cheese party for them. It was at her parents house which only seems approriate for the Hogan family. Plus I know most of the guest have always felt at home there! :) Sara, her BFF from college, did an amazing job with mine and other girls assistance, setting up of all the cheese and wine. I mean top-notch quality shower for sure! We had a great time visiting with old friends and talking about what else...Greece! I CAN'T wait for the wedding!!! Then my Jeanne is having a baby, gosh I always wondered what day I'd actually say those words b/c if you know Jeanne you know she's always loved and wanted kiddos! We had a great guy/girl shower at Laura's! Perfect amout of folks, if we'd had any more we might not have fit! So exciting to celebrate something so big in someone's life you've known for so many years and been through so much with!! I love you Jeanne Celeste and I can't wait for Averitt to get here!

Now...to life changes....so luckily Vol knew of a girl who had a potential place so I came over 1 day to ATL to see her place and another friend of a friends place. Luckily they were both great in every aspect but in the end I went with Vol's friend. I forgot just how annoying and tedious packing can be and how much crap I have! Finally get mostly packed and plan to move Saturday. Well, rewind 2 days before....had a lil going away dinner with some friends at Pablo's. Well low and behold on Friday my stomach felt horrible...details spared this equalled stomach bug!!!! Not pretty at all people! Deathly horrible! Come to find out 4 others from that night got it the same day! Therefore, my body was in no condition to move on Saturday...Sunday it was.

Mom, Dad and Matthew (BIL) moved me (brooke stayed w/ Sawyer) to ATL. The move went well for the most part. I did little except point where to put things, since I still felt yuck. I really didn't ever get too sad, I think I was more excited about what was all about to happen! I'm sure it'll hit me one day! ha! The new job so far is good...I mean there is A LOT to learn and remember and it's extremely overwhelming at some moments but i know once I do these things over weeks time, it'll get better. But the days fly by I'm so busy, which is more than I can say for the Eye Bank. No facebook or gmail checking time at all, which is fine and probably good for my brain! haha! It's a small company but everyone there is really sweet. It's fairly close (ATL standards) to my house so that's nice. So for now, it's good, overwhelming but good! The roomies are great, both super sweet and clean! God has provided in many ways for this move to occur so I can only hope I stay on a good path for many good things to continue!

My first weekend here update to follow...of course some drama but also some fun, stay tuned...it's definitely bed time!!

2 comments:

Lauren Miller said...

Yay glad for an update and I am so happy you are enjoying Atlanta so far! We still miss you in Bham :)

The Patterson Family said...

Sounds great! I'm glad everything is going well, Brandi! So happy for you!