Friday, April 16, 2010

Bham bounding

So these past couple weeks have flown by, probably b/c I've been on the go constantly! I usually don't mind travel time, however, I'm definitely tired of the drive to Bham. (for this month at least) Weekend before last I went to a good friend from high school Scott's wedding in Bham. And suprisingly, it was a new venue for a wedding I hadn't been to, considering I feel like a wedding pro having been to so many. (lovely all of them of course ;) )It was at Avon Theatre in Lakeview and then you could walk to the Matt Jones Art Gallery for the reception. I must say it's a marvelous place for one. Cool environment and great space for dancing, eating and drinking. Plus it was nice to just walk to the reception and then go out in Lakeview afterwards. And there was a cheesecake bar, where you created your own cheesecake deliciousness!! It was pretty much a bigger high school reunion than our real one. Haha! Great to see old faces and actually have exciting stuff to say that I've been up to...aka moving to ATL/new job!
(me and the groom Scott) (Michelle and me)
While home I was also SO happy to see Volree, Cooper and Kristin at Zoe's lunch and to see Laura's new house, twins and growing belly (YAY!) Oh and more baby Averitt time and one of my favorites, his mommy, Jeanne! Needless to say it was a fully packed weekend!

Last weekend I got Good Friday off, YAY! I headed to the 'Ham and finally got to meet baby Brooks! He was such a sweetie and cute as a button! I can't wait to see him grow up! Then sweet Megan was able to meet me at O'Carr's (yummy!) for lunch b/c she was off work too! It was so good to see her and catch up on life, we haven't at all since I left Bham. Megan's just one of the sweetest/level-headed girls I know! I'm so happy Liz brought her into my life! ;) After some shopping (yes new tennis shoes!), Matthew and I headed to Florence for Easter!

(my sweet 86 year old grandmother who keeps up w/ Sawyer better than I do, ha!)

(Sawyer and Matthew checking out the bunnies my Uncle has)

Easter was fabulous with the family! Some moments it simply amazes me that we all get along so well and can always have a great time together. We spent Friday night at my parent's lake house, grilling out, chasing the kiddos (Sawyer is obsessed with the lake), playing Mexican Train Dominos. *side note, if you haven't played this you're missing out, so much fun! Overall great weekend. The long 5 hr ride (plus time change) back to Atlanta was pretty annoying but worth it in the end! Thanks Jesus for rising again and allowing us to celebrate you and be with family!

***Sorry that was kinda a boring blog but that's the busyness of life lately! haha!

No comments: