This weekend was also a successful one in that there was a Restaurant Week in Inman Park so they had delicious 3 course meal for $15! And Sunday I took advantage of Stone Mountain Park and Piedmont Park! Needless to say, my first week I felt very blessed and it assured me that I know God's hand is in it in ways that I'll never be able to imagine. I can only pray this week is as fabulous and positive. Each day that's positive makes it a little bit more bearable for the mess I'm dealing with called LIFE! :)
Monday, April 4, 2011
Week of Unemployment
In case you missed the revelation of my unemployment...see below... I have to admit though my first full week of unemployment was as good as I could've hoped for. Not in the fact that I found a miraculous new job that pays me thousands but in other small ways. Monday, I had my spring kickball game. And since I didn't have to work before, I started the party early and welcomed my roomie home with a dance party in the kitchen while I waited for Ken to come pick me up for the game. Might've spiked my drink a bit to help my kicking skills. haha! We beat the mean, black team, so everyone was happy! Tuesday, my friend got free tickets to Avett Brothers (awesome band if you haven't heard them!) in Athens. No one could go since they all had to work...but guess who could??? ME!!!! We had amazing free seats! Definitely a positive pick me up for my week! Wednesday, I had a friend who I've never really talked to more than in a social setting, offer to take me to dinner. He had been jobless when he moved to ATL a year ago and said that the ATL community was so good to him. He felt it was his turn to pay it forward kinda! We had a delicious dinner over some great conversation getting to know each other more! (all for free)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment