Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mustard Seed Faith

I know shocking to many that I'm actually blogging but sadly I'll have more time on my hands these days to blog. Last Thursday my HR lady called me into our big conference room, which I thought was strange but didn't think much of it until I arrived to see our President in there too. Hmm...this doesn't look good I thought. And voila...they laid me off.

This came as a total shock to me as I worked at really small company and felt like a 100% asset to every single aspect of the daily workload. It is a family business and my boss is the brother that everyone thinks will never get himself together. I knew they were always looking at his sales numbers but never thought they were bad enough to justify laying me off. But that's pretty much what it boiled down to. They said it had nothing to do with my performance...nice to hear but never the less always feels like a harsh blow to you personally. Of course, I immediately called my mom crying and one of my first statements in my weary voice was "mom, i don't wanna move back to Birmingham". haha! No offense to all my favorites in Bham but I've just been so happy since being here in ATL and I"m determined to not have to move home with the parentals at the ripe age of 30. It literally hurts me to the core to even have to write that.

So after a day of crying in bed, I've actually haven't been too upset about this disaster. (minus a few freak outs when I look at my bank account) I think the reasons why are 3 things: 1) i have AMAZING support system, ranging from family to friends in ATL to friends across the US! 2)I've been here and done this before. In 2009 when I got laid off I immediately went to Greece (no money for that this time, sadly!) and had the MOST amazing time of my life, all b/c I got laid off. 3) faith, faith , faith!!!!!

So yes, faith is the biggest and the other 2 tie into faith. I keep coming back to Matthew 17:20: "He replied, 'Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." I've obvioulsy always known this verse but for some reason it just keeps coming back into my head over and over again these days. And I gotta rely on that and Matthew 6:25-34. I have to be faithful in the fact that God took care of me and gave me such an amazing experience in 2009 why would he leave me now? To be honest my faith over the last couple years has just been fairly average I think and I've realized lately that this might be a swift kick from God to strengthen our hanging out time also. But that's just one of the reasons I've seen that God might have for kicking my butt out of that job. Don't get me wrong it sucks and it sucks BAD but I've realized that there's no point in sitting around being pissed about it (except for the occasional bad nights). So my friends...ONWARD AND UPWARD!!!!!!

Prayers and more prayers are SO greatly appreciated right now as I try to stay faithful and find a job that fits me in Atlanta!

2 comments:

Haley said...

AND friends who love you and pray for you who are not in atl OR the us!

Sara Singleton said...

YAY for writing in your blog again! Though i hate it's for such an occasion, but OF COURSE you are SOOO RIGHT! This is all part of God's greater plan for your life, and I'm super excited to see where it will lead you, friend!! Also that scripture was just what I needed too this morning. So thank you! I think the Lord is working on us BOTH hard core at the moment :) Hope to see your smiling face ASAP!!!