A few things though that I have contemplated/learned during my runs through Homewood...
1. The only way to get respect at a stop sign to cross the street is to approach the sign running, if you are walking, every car ignores you and never allows you to cross.
2. One must always look at the ground when running in Homewood, the sidewalks are shatty and if one takes their eyes off the pavement, one might end up on the pavement. I learned this the hard way when I was trying to look inside of a friends house to see if they were home...BOOM! Luckily I landed in the grass, unluckily it was during 5:00 drive home time. I got up quickly, and laughed at myself til the end of the street!
3. I feel the need to always smile when I'm running a major traffic road, mainly Oxmoor Road. I think this all relates back to a Snoopy sign I had in my room as a child it read "Smile...it makes people wonder what you've been up to" But 2 other reason I smile: 1) I want the "larger" people driving by to think that exercising isn't as painful as they might think, so that they'll get out and give it a try 2) I secretly think that one day a cute guy might drive by and think i look athletic and fall madly in love with my smile! :) hehe!
4. No one in Homewood really likes to close their blinds...come night time I see many families gathering to eat, watching TV and even saw a naked baby running through the house the other day. I wonder how some of these people can actually not realize this problem. Or maybe they just don't care, either way it provides lots for me to look at on a run.
5. I have lots of little markers that remind me of people or places that inspire me to run along the way. An example, a specific church that reminds me of an EX-boy, inspires me to not stop running so that when I see him next time he'll be amazed by my hot body!
6. It makes me crafty. Someone was remodeling their Homewood house and left their old window panes and a door on the side of the road for garbage. I grabbed Mary Katherine as my driver when I got home and I collected some trash to turn to treasure...none of which I'd seen without my run!
I'm trying here friends...I'm TRYING!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment