Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Running to Phoenix!

Well it's official...I'm going to Phoenix in an attempt to run a 1/2 marathon!! Ahhhh!!! Now for most of you reading this, you are probably all seasoned veterans at this painful process. But for me, it's been a while since my body has gone through this type of rigorous training! Yes, as many have recommended, I'm using http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm for my training schedule. This week is my first official week of training, although I have been running slowly for a few weeks. 

In the past I've had absolutely no desire to run a 1/2 marathon, as many of my friends have accomplished. But during my last 1/2 marathon cheerleading, I was at the mile 3 marker!  I was simply blown away by the people putting forth this effort to run...and yes a few were already walking at mile 3 and were much larger in body weight than myself! So I began to think...well if THESE people can do this, surely I can give it a try. So come January 18, 2009, I'll be participating in the Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 marathon, along with Nick, Joy, Billy and Stephen- some of my favorite people! 

So if you have any advice or words of encouragement for me I'll greatly appreciate it over the next 3 months!! But hey, at least my turkey and dressing will be burned off (hopefully!).

4 comments:

Volree and Nick Wade said...

Have I told you how PROUD of you I am!! You are going to do great!!

Lauren Miller said...

I think that is AWESOME Brandi! I know you can do it too!

Meredith said...

way to go brandi! just be careful on your runs, watch out for those pesky cars!!! they can be a real bitch!

Bendabl said...

thanks girlies!! I'm excited...kinda! ha!
Definitely have been more aware of those cars Mer, thanks for the warning!