Ok so i know it's Thursday but I got inspired after reading everyone else's weekend updates!
This weekend I felt like I never got to slow down but overall it was a good one! Friday night we had some friends over to cook out...Mary Katherine, me, Megan, Doug, Todd, Kevin, Lisa and Alyson and John stayed for a bit too. Of course the weather was great, even if it wasn't day light savings time yet. We stayed on the porch literally til almost midnight! I'm sure our neighbors loved us! After our delicious burgers & tater tots...we played CatchPhrase for forever! it was a super fun group and something different to do. Everything was going well until we came inside to play Apples to Apples and I got a little too competitive! (this is a problem I have, I try not to let it show but with a few drinks it encourages it) LOL! That's when MK said maybe it's time to go home!
Saturday was the Exceptional Foundation's Annual Chili-Cook off! It was packed and hot!!!! But we ventured through the crowds, enjoyed some chili, beer and friends! I had an emotional afternoon b/c of some personal stuff that I had to sort out (nothing big, just me being a girl with emotions! ha!). But after a nap, a good chat with MK and a shower I was ready to hit the town! Saturday night me, MK, Sara C. and Lisa went to the Rotaract Gala at Ted's Garage! We had a blast! They had a great "get down, have some fun" type band so we dance the night away! Afterwards hitting up Rare Martini and ending the night with ranch fries from Purple Onion! HOLLA!!! Fatty but delicious!!!
Sunday was a crazy day with Sawyer's baby dedication in the morning and a wedding shower in the afternoon, which i drove ALL over Bham to get to!!!! Then home in time to wrap my momma's b'day presents and go back to Shelby Co. for homemade b'day dinner with the family!! Whoahh...i'm tired just from reliving it all!!!!! Overall, though fabulous weekend with amazing friends & family surrounding me...one of the benefits of Birmingham, AL living! I'm hoping this weekend will be a low key one!
(picture is of MK, Lisa, Sara and I doing a lil dancing at the Rotaract Gala)
No comments:
Post a Comment