Monday, March 2, 2009

1 Week, 5 states, 5 planes, 1 crying baby, 3 snowfalls


Last week I left Tuesday morning to go snow skiing in Copper Mountain with my family! I've been going skiing ever since I was in middle school! I just love it! At first some might say it's not fun b/c getting used to all the gear, the snow and learning to not fall is a bit much for some. After conquering all those problems in my adolescent years, I have nothing but pure love for snow skiing! To me it's one of the most peaceful, yet exhilarating things to do! And for some strange reason I'm completely fearless when skiing! I'm usually a pretty cautious person in life but when skiing I'm all about conquering the black diamonds (the toughest mountains for those non-skiers) even if it's painful and sometimes dangerous! haha! 

We took my nephew Sawyer with us, which was quite an experience...as poor Sawyer has colic and acid reflux. I didn't realize how horrible it was until I spent a whole week with him. Wow...makes me realized how blessed I am not to have a baby right now in my life! I dont know how my sister/brother in law do it! But when he's happy, he's the cutest baby in the world and I just wanna squeeze him! But the little guy did have to deal with altitude adjustment, 5 different plane rides, 3 different hotels so I forgive him for his screaming!
Overall though...great time skiing! The snow was great and powdery! We had a ski-in,ski-out condo that worked perfectly! Although the last day was painfully blizzard like skiing conditions, I only got off the mountains once I could no longer feel my fingers and toes (literally, close to near frostbite!) 

After the skiing trip we headed to Kansas City, MO for my cousin's wedding. And yes, it was the first big snowfall of the year there when we landed! The airport was so white I thought we were still in the clouds when we landed! Needless to say my "Alabama winter dress" wasn't warm enough for the 2 degree windchill! The wedding was gorgeous though with a great reception! And yes, in case you were wondering....I caught the bouquet! haha!!!! I believe that makes #10! LOL! Too bad it means nothing as I am still single as can be!!! But it's just so fun to compete and show those hopeful girls (been dating a guy for 10 years)  how to do it! haha! It was great to see lots of family celebrating too, even got my 86 year old grandmother on the dance floor! 

Now back to reality in Alabama! Luckily, the snow had blanketed the ground enough for me to feel a little bit of my vacation still around when I got home! I had a great time with the family, but I was also extremely excited to be back in my own room and bed!!! Although the things I had forgotten about were waiting on me....if only life could be a permanent vacation! :) 

2 comments:

joyh said...

#10 huh? That's impressive!! :) And in response to your comment- I so wish you were closer and could come join Nick, Billy and me too! I think Bill's looking at a job in California pretty seriously. So that'll be a fun trip we'll have to make! :) We went to meet him at dinner on Friday when he got in town at 8:30, and we somehow ended up shutting the restaurant down at 12. Nick and I hadn't had that much to drink in forever, and had some trouble recovering lol. And now I think Haney may be coming with him this weekend- even more trouble :) Miss you!

Lauren Miller said...

As soon as I read you went to a wedding, I was curious if you caught the bouquet! So glad to see that you did! Congrats on #10!!!