Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend Wows

Well I must admit that lately I've just had some great weekends. The kinda weekends were you just feel blessed to have good friends and family and you just smile about it all. This doesn't necessarily mean i did anything big...it was just good!  

Friday night I went to this Friends of St. Jude's cocktail hour at the Redmont Hotel in downtown. They have a great rooftop area, where they'd set up a food, drinks and a DJ. It was so cool up there, great views of the city at sunset time and something different. I went with my friend Lisa and 2 of her friends. We had a great time, saw a few familiar faces and enjoyed the night! Then when I got home everyone was there for game night!!! We played a rousing game of Apples to Apples and unlike last time when I got a little too competitive, this time was a blast and I actually won quite a few rounds! :) 

Saturday started off with a bang at a 5K run through Mt. Laurel. Very early in the morning but still felt great to run it off! I talked Jeanne & Jeremy into coming and Kelly joined too. And then Megan (who started this whole group of runners), Sara, Todd and Will. I hadn't run that much since the 1/2 marathon and i was kinda out of shape for sure! Next, I met Jennifer, who lives in Philly now, at Taziki's and devoured a "Friday special",which yes they have on Saturday!!! Then layed out on the porch, read a good book and got ready for the evening! 
Saturday night we all went to JClyde's for Megan's b'day! It was perfect weather for patio eating! It was a huge group of people too! I had soooo much fun!!! And met a new crush, who I have no clue anything about but I'm doing my research! hehe! 

Then church on Sunday with the family. My grandparents from Chattanooga were in town, so I got to hang with them and hear how super busy their lives are...i know where i get it from! And I got some Sawyer smiles too, which always make my week complete!!!! I can only hope this weekend is just as blessed and enjoyable! :)