Well in case you haven't all heard by now I finally got a job!!! YAY! However, it is in Atlanta! I know, kinda sad that I'm leaving Birmingham but also very excited about a new city with new opportunities. And obviously, if things don't work out or if I decide I don't like it for whatever reason at least it's close enough to come back! But let's hope it works out for my sanity sake! haha! The job is as a marketing assistant for one of my college friends company she used to work at, therefore, she's able to put in a good word for me and give me the scoop on the office. I think they totally trust her so hopefully she didn't build me up too much and they don't have too high of expectations! ha! I hope I even remember how to work! To be honest after working at the laid back Eye Bank and being off for almost year it's gonna be a big shock. So please pray that I grasp all the new things I have to learn, I'm kinda freaked out about that.
I start Feb. 8th, so I'm still hunting down a place to live and hope to get settled in before the first day job stress! Not to mention getting around in ATL will be a big learning curve of it's own. I was thinking yesterday how many short-cuts I know in Bham and how many roads I could drive with my eyes closed and how I won't know a thing in ATL. But then again that's part of the adventure I guess...maybe that's why God gave us GPS devices...i'll have to check into that for sure! But once I get settled in the door will always be open to friends for trips & weekend excursions to Atlanta. And they have tons of family friendly things to do there, so I expect you all to come at least once if anything for the shopping at IKEA!!! :)
Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts, job suggestions and love over the past year! Without my friends I wouldn't have made it that's for sure! I still will be making very little money but as you all know I'm good at living off nothing, so hopefully I'll survive the jungle of ATL! Please keep me in your prayers as I give this a whirl. I know God allowed this opportunity for reason and I just hope I can make the most of it through a good new job, meeting new people, discovering a new city and not missing the comforts of my very routine life in Bham! Gosh, now that I'm moving I realize what a routine I'm in! I hope I can do this!! :) Will miss you all lots!!!!!!!
5 comments:
So excited for you! Where will you be working?
yay!!!! I can't wait to go see you there... and if you want to borrow my Garmin let me know. I dont think i'll be needing it in the near future :) Congrats again!!
Congrats Brandi! I am so excited for you! Hopefully we can make a trip to see you! My dad leaves outside of Atlanta so we can plan to meet for lunch when we are there visiting. We can't wait to see you Monday for lunch!!!
Congrats, Brandi!
Oh my gosh!!!! I hadn't heard the great news :) So so excited for you!!! And I bet you'll love Atlanta! I have a good feeling that you'll be running the city before you know it :) We'll definitely come visit when you're settled in, if that's OK :) So happy for you!
Post a Comment