itty bitty baby Averitt!!!So weekend before last, I made a quick little trip back home, for 2 fabulous reason...one my mom's b'day and two baby Averitt was born. My parents did go to AU for a basketball game but that allowed me to spend time with my precious nephew (see last post!) and to see baby Averitt. I have been friends with Jeanne since we were in 6th grade or so. We did have brief "not talking" period due to a boy...haha!! (always think it's funny to add that in there!) She's been one constant in my life that I know will be there no matter what. She can read me like a book, probably due to the amount of gazillion phone conversations we've had in our lifetime (mostly while she's driving back home to chelsea and me to my other side of the town). Luckily her precious baby boy, got her maiden name, Averitt! Poor Jeanne has wanted to be a momma since I can remember meeting her and finally she was preggo but I must say she's had one of the worst pregnancies I've known of (believe me I've known of a lot in my short 28 years). So we were all so happy to have Averitt 3 weeks early in this world with us.
I know all that throwing up and massive swelling Jeanne went through is totally worth it b/c he is a precious lil doll!! Pretty much slept the whole time I was there but I can tell he's gonna love his Auntie Brandi a lot! :) I can't wait to see this boy grow up into an amazing man b/c of his awesome parents!
We also had a great b'day lunch for momma at Brio after church. Due to my sister having a lot going on, parents at bball game and me in ATL, it wasn't the normal b'day celebration but I think we were all just happy to be together! And dang, I forgot how delcious Brio is for brunch! It was totally weird not having a "place" to go home to besides my parents house. I went by my old house and hung out on the couch for old times sake. Definitely miss the comforts of Bham a lot!!! But then again if I got too comfortable there I'd never make changes that were well overdue!
1 comment:
Good point about getting too comfy...you can always go back when you miss it too much! :) Love your hair, btw!
Post a Comment