Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Patty's times 2!


As many of you know i love any excuse to dress up in fun colors, especially on a day that celebrates short folks like myself! haha! Well last weekend they had a Shamrock festival and this week was the Luckyfest at Park Tavern. Yes, we hit up both of them both weekends, haha! love it! Last weekend Haley, Mireille (it's french you say it like me-ray) and Valerie started the green party at 2. (Miereille is a friend of Megan, my college rommate, who moved last year away from ATL when she got married.) It was sunny and great for day time activity such as this. It was packed place! Then a few hours later I get a phone call from 2 guys I worked with this summer at the Pink Palace in Greece. One is Australian and traveling around the US, the other is a guy from Charlotte. They decided to come through Atlanta earlier than planned on their way to New Orleans. So I told them just to drive straight to Park Tavern. They didn't get there til about 9, which at that point in my day felt like midnight! ha! But I can't tell you how happy I was to see them. I mean I knew I missed my PP friends but seeing them just made it all come flooding back, especially Adrian with an amazing Australian accent! We dance to a great cover band and closed down the festival and then hit up one more bar before heading home. Of course everyone wanted to buy Adrian drinks b/c he was Australian, it was great! We left the boys car overnight b/c obviously we'd all be drinking.
So the next morning I take the boys to their car and as I'm about to drive off I see shock on both of their faces...their car was broken into! :( So so sad! We left it in a major, major intersection area and not a bad part of town. I think someone just walked by and saw all their bags and stuff in the backseat and broke the window. They found Adrian's computer immediately and then found Max's! So horrible! Needless to say the boys were devasated! Both their computers gone..Adrians with all his pictures from his 10 months of travel gone and Max's senior thesis paper/research gone! Not to mention they took Adrians bag with his tolietries, clothes, shoes,etc...the boy guy only had one pair of flipflops to wear. I felt so horrible since i had let them leave their car there but how was i to know. It was just an overall bad situation that of course put a damper on everything. They changed their New Orleans plans with Max driving home and Adrian re-routing his trip. After all the anger and cursing I did get to take Adrian to Wal-mart! He'd never been before & it was something he wanted to do while here in USA. It was funny showing him how big it is and all the many things you can find at Walmart! ha! I definitely miss them and all my PP friends! They're all so amazing!
This weekend the Luckyfest was dampered by the rain but we stayed strong and went and had blast! Even met some new people...yes that includes cute boys! :) And just had an overall great night in green! I"m slowly but surely getting used to this ATL world and I've only seen a smidgen of it. My friend Cooper just moved to ATL and i"m hoping to go out with him this week so that'll be fun too. Hopefully, soon I'll know hundrends of folks like the good ole Bham!

No comments: