Monday, June 7, 2010

May Delayed

So since my Greece wedding blogging took forever for me to get out, I missed one of the best months ever!!! MAY!!!! As most of you know, my BIRTHDAY month!!! And yes, I did celebrate it the whole week. I went home for Mother's DAy the weekend before and celebrated with great dinner at Little Savannah on Saturday and Sunday brunch at Jackson. Lil Savannah was awesome as usual!!! Gotta love when you get appetizers-desserts b/c it's your b'day and the parentals are paying! haha! :)

Then Monday, Haley, Cooper and I decided on a last minute Tin Lizzy's meeting (delicious nice Mexican restaurant that's always packed!) And Tuesday, my b'day, my office bought a big cake and sang to us...i say us b/c out of the 12 folks in my small office one other lady has the same b'day. How funny huh?! But I love any b'day celebration...the more the merrier. That night I went over to Beth and Casey's who had a lovely lil cupcake/cake array for me to celebrate with. And I hadn't seen Beth in so long we had lots to catch up on! Then Saturday night we all went out to Shout! a restaurant in Midtown. My good friend Cooper, got us hooked up with a private cabana area on the upstairs deck that had great views of ATL. It was so fun, I felt so important, even had a sign that said happy b'day in our booth area! haha! We then: hit the town, met some great people at a new fun bar, danced a bit, went to a scary late night bar, took some pictures with a speed bump b/c at that point in the night it made sense...aka great b'day!!! LOL!
(the girls at our cabana, even had our own TV, ha!)


Other big weekend was of course Memorial Day! Unfortunately, the weird weather mess up most of our outdoor plans of festivals and pool time. But overall good weekend. We hit up Yacht Rock, a band that plays great music from the 70's and my favorite "Brandy(i) You're a Fine Girl". There was a fun group there and I made 3 new friends that night...this is my new goal to make new friends every weekend. If I get 1/2 of one it's a successful weekend no matter what! haha!
(me, Cooper, Haley listening to Yacht Rock)
Saturday we were able to lay by the pool for most of the day. Then walked over to Phipps mall in our bathing suits/coverups, which was pretty funny considering this is a pretty yuppy mall! We definitely got some looks. After a few hours Haley finally talked me into joining her on a bike ride. I haven't done this in AGES. But Haley's training for a triathlon, so I sucked it up. Then about mile 5 later I was regretting it! No turning back, so I made it 8 miles!!! I was super impressed with myself. Liked it but not enough to spend the money on a bike for myself. The rest of the weekend wasn't too exciting just church, shopping, organizing the room, out for a casual night. (most plans ruined by rain)

Other things that've gone down in May that I don't feel like blogging about but are worth mentioning (maybe):
1) Got hit on in the grocery store=first ATL date (i'll blog about that soon enough, it was "interesting")
2)We went to Cinco de Mayo celebrating...see below!


3)helped Haley demo her new kitchen (just a few good wacks actually but fun!)
4)Went out on the town in Vinings to hear a new ATL friend play in a band
5)Got to talk to Stephen in America! He's back and safe from Iraq!!!!
6) my dear friend Beth got engaged! YAY! I predicted a long time ago when they first started dating that they'd get married and voila...I'm so smart! haha!
7) Technically, another BIG engagment happend at the end of April, gotta shout out to my wonderful, sweet Elizabeth, who ventured out to California years ago and found a great fish in the big sea over there! YAY Mike and Liz!!! Can't believe what a year can bring! Loves it!
8)Another long time friend Laura, who already has twin boy and girl, is having another BOY!!! YAY, can't wait to see Laura deal with 3 kids!!! LOL! She's the best momma ever!
9) I became senior (somewhat at my office). My counterpart job for other boss, who trained me and has been at ANH forever, took a leave of absence for a month or 2, leaving me to figure it all out...for me and her replacement! Definitely going to be interesting days ahead.
10)I became more comfortable...day by day...in a city I'm a stranger to...

No comments: