Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend fun

So, I decided earlier in the week I kinda wanted to lay low this weekend since I've had a few past weekends of spending too much money and intaking too many calories. So, my dear friend Stephen got back from Iraq this week. I can't tell y'all how excited I was to hear his voice, see his face and hug his neck! He and his fiance Kristen live about 45 min outside of ATL, kinda on th edge of Athens. It's a pretty small town area, not somwhere you'd normally go for the weekend. But Stephen offered it the right time for me b/c I had planned to do nothing. So after work on Friday I ventured up 85N and into the country side of Georgia to Winder,GA. It felt just like old times being with those two! I kinda never let myself think too much of the reality of where Stephen was because I knew it'd make me worried and there was nothing I could do about that. So it was interesting to hear about the couple of incidents of shootings and bombings that Stephen had to deal with over there. I'm so glad he's back on USA ground! We went to a lil Mexican restaurant right by their house. We had the best time and stayed there til late in the night at the rooftop bar...who knew rooftop bar in Winder,GA? haha! I know there will be many more fun things planned for the summer with those two. And I can't wait for their wedding in October!

Saturday I enjoyed the sunny drive back into the city. I had the house to myself all weekend (YAY!) and I completely vegged! I discovered the joy of Redbox,the $1 movie rental. The evening entailed 2 great movies, pizza and wine and maybe a little bit of cookie dough!!! hahaha! Simply marvelous!

Then today was Sunday Funday b/c finally a day of pure sun in the ATL! Haley and I packed the coolers and headed to Mireille's pool. Cooper joined us too and we had a great day of playing, sunning and a few daquiries. Finally, around 3 we were starved and hopped in Cooper's Jeep and went to Tin Lizzy's, bathing suits and all. I forgot the great feeling of riding in Jeep on a sunny day! So carefree-like! Sadly though I got too eager about the potential sun-kissed glow I'd have finally and only put on 4spf. Seriously, Brandi??? So yes, now i"m a little lobster like.

Kind of a random weekend and nothing too exciting to blog about but exactly what i wanted from the weekend...friends, fun and relaxing!

1 comment:

Haley said...

ahhh, pizza and wine!!!! divine!!!! a night of girl movies sounds right up my alley about now...