So we all meet and ride together in the big pink palace bus to the next village where Christos grew up. Christos and all of his family and a few friends wait at the church outside. While all of Haley's family and friends were instructed to go to the town square. So we all wind through the village and arrive at the square and wait patiently for our dear Haley. Finally, she arrives in a BMW convertible with her brother and dad. The parade of cars that brought here to the village square all have red bandanas (similar to the one used for the making of the bed ceremony) tied to their car mirrors and honk while they go through the village. When Haley pulled up she looked like a movie star! So gorgeous and everyone was doing this whole parade for her! She then gets out and the men in her family (brother and dad) lead her through the village to the church holding the red bandanas with everyone following behind her. Seriously it was like a scene from a movie. This picture below is when I looked at Haley and said "is this really happening" and she was like "i know, crazy!" Oh and did i mention the 3 piece band that walked in front of her...oh yeah she had her own lil band. Others in the village look out their windows and wave and stare as we all trap through the village to the church. There Christos is waiting for her outside. They then head inside the church together.

First let me say that Christo was one of the happiest grooms I've ever seen! If you've seen any of the pictures on facebook, you can tell 100%. He was like a kid on Christmas day that got every single thing he ever wanted under the tree. Ok, so inside. the wedding is nothing like ours...people talk and kinda mingle about kids run around only a few people sit in the few rows of seats at the church. I was standing front and center behind the altar area. I wanted to see it all, especially since it was all in Greek! Haley had already worned us that everyone talks during the wedding (so strange I know!) and told us Americans not to say a word! haha! It was definitely all Greek to me but you could still see the symbolism in a lot of the things the priest did, like 3 times blessings and the last supper type stuff. Haley had also done a great job of giving us all a run down of what it all means in Greek, in our welcome room packages. The best/funniest part of the wedding is when the couple walks around the table 3 times. This is when everyone pelts (and yes I mean pelt) them with rice. And not just a little bit of rice...like enough rice to feed a third world country!!!! And the Greeks are smart they don't just waste their rice on the first time around, which I of course did in my excitment! It was hilarious, poor Haley and Christo were picking rice out of every nook and crany for days! Even Haley's new sister-in-law came up right at the very end and just chunked some in her face! hahaha!!! But they see this as good luck type, blessed thing.
So YAY, it's official she's Haley Vasilakis now!(weird! only cried a lil bit during wedding!) Off to the reception. They had been cooking lots and lots of meat all day long. They have like 5 meals brought out over the course of the whole night! I mean it was amazing...cheeses, olives, delicious spreads, cooked peppers, chicken, meatballs, some other meat and the lamb. I can't even begin to describe the amount of food! And of course lots of wine and ouzo! :) And then of course, as I told ya'll previously there was DANCING!!!! All types of dancing, old, young, talented, not talented, but Greek so they looked better than me! haha! Christo's brother Makis is an amazing dancer and brought his group he dances with and did an amazing show...fire, plate breaking and all!!! I even got roped into some dance off with this Greek girl who felt sorry for me and was trying to teach me some moves...hilarious to say the least!But she's now my friend on facebook! haha! I could go on and on about the dancing...it went all night! Slow dancing, old school American music dancing, Greek music...etc, etc....
Then of course my favorite time...the bouquet toss!!! LOL! As many might know I get really competitive about the bouquet toss, I know catching it means nothing which is why i love to break all those hopeful girls hearts by catching it. Not to mention it's just kinda big joke now that I always catch them and I'm so short, so kinda ironic....plus it makes for hilarious wedding photos!!!! And once again I didn't disappoint in that area! Sadly the bouquet hit this ceiling bar thing and didn't make it to the waiting women, so I gracefully dove to where it was and swooped it up! Victoriously raising my arms while still on my knees!!! hahah! once again...entertainment for all!!!! :) Goal accomplished!
Amazing wedding for everyone!!! And of course, as is the trend, the party continued at the reception bar...i did see the sun rise that morning folks....and I remember it! haha! Met a great Hungarian guy and another Canadian who I stayed up talking with about life and Greece about for hours!
The next day was filled with beach lounging and eating lots and lots of wedding meats and dishes left over! We all set around on the beach porch and talked about the wedding, life and of course...love!!! haha!!! Wish you all could've been there as I could write forever about the week! But finally...something else for my blog coming up!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment