
The first day we went to take some amazing pictures of the Madison river, which made A River Runs Through It look like the slums. haha! We then headed into the little town called Ennis, which was quaint and had the small western town feel. That night Brooke and I went with the guys to watch them flyfishing. So cool and so not anything I could do at all! haha! Definitely a man thing. But gorgeous scenery!


The next day we headed to Yellowstone Park... and YES...that's in Wyoming!!! 2 states kiddos, 2 states!!! Woohoo!!! The list of states visited is getting so long! haha! So, as soon as we drove in, traffic stopped. We then saw the fuss... a group of about 10 moose, hanging out and drinking water. (including 3 baby moose!) You can't see them well in the picture but they're behind Sawyer and I. He was a little confused by the word "moose" and the "moo" cows make I think but hey he's just 22 months old! haha

We also saw a gorgeous waterfall (picture) and saw some cool hot, hot sulfurs. Oh and I my "living on the edge" moment. We came across some buffalo, which all signs tell you to stay away from but I just HAD to get a picture of them. So with my mom screaming from the car, I hoppped out and was soooo close to these amazing creatures(not zooming here)!

Oh and on our way out my mother stops to chat with a park ranger holding an elk antler. He begins to tell us about it and realizes we're from a place elk do not roam. Duh! We tell him we're from Alabama and guess what?? He's from Dothan! What a small world huh? Oh and did I mention he's an Auburn fan AND he was very very cute...what's a girl to do, ask him out? (seriously? Can we get some better timing/place here God? haha!)The next day mom, matthew, brooke and I went horseback riding. It was gorgeous amazing trail through the a canyon...amazing river, meadows and mountains. I had a bit of rough ride b/c I'm short and old but overall I sucked it up and enjoyed the 4 hr ride.
Our nights ended with family game nights with the Eldridges (who's house it was). We've been friends with them since I was 5 and they have 2 sons our ages. It's amazing to me that families can stay friends for so long with so many factors in life that can change. What a true blessing! Overall, great escape from reality! I was sad to leave the AMAZING weather (highs in the low 80s, lows in the 50s) and return to reality. But happy for a break and a new adventure! Hey, God Blessed the USA, I have no doubts after Montana!!!!!! (more pictures coming via facebook!)
No comments:
Post a Comment