Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Official Atlantian

So I've felt pretty legit for a while now in my new city of Atlanta but lately I've done some very Atlanta-ish things. First off, long on my list of to-dos...a Braves game!!! I've never been, so I've been trying to get a group together all summer. Things kept getting in the way and finally before the season ends I said: it's this weekend no matter what, even if i have to go alone! haha! Luckily, Haley was in, our friend Ed and Leah (who just moved here from Bham too). It ended up to be an eventful night as Leah got a flat tire pulling into Ed's place, which long story short...caused us to arrive at the 7th inning!!! We had no clue we thought we were just a "little" late. haha! However, it worked out all for the good because we got cheap tickets for the nice, clubhouse type area. Great seats and inside covering for the bit of rain that came. And the game went into 3 extra innings and with the bases loaded a HOMERUN!!!! Braves win!!! It was so exciting!!!
So as you can tell from my excitment! I was happy to mark that off my list!!! That Sunday, it was also cool enough to enjoy a free event! Unplugged in the Park, which is at Piedmont Park, the big park in Midtown ATL. It's great bluesy, folk, acoustic type music. Our friend Hank is our resident concert guru. Very fun and we've already been back again. The picture below is from our 2nd trip to Unplugged.And finally, a FALCONS game!!! This was my first NFL game too! I braved the Marta from my house, figured my route and pushed through the crowds to meet up with Beth at the Georgia Dome. (that in itself huge, exciting task, haha!) Beth is now working for Ford Marketing so she was having to work at the promo type stuff before hand. But when I got there she hooked us up (or rather Ford did, ha!) with suite tickets! It was amazing! We were escorted to our suite, greeted by the bartender, delicious foods, and free goodies (see new hat below, in my dorky solo pic)! We had such a good time watching the game and for me, seeing how the NFL gets down. Definitely could get into this stuff, especially with great tickets!!! haha! (thanks Beth!)



Needless to say I've had some great, fun experiences lately. I'm definitely been blessed with great freinds (some old and new) in this new city. I've been trying to do better about making a list of things I need to experience and hit up the delicious places to eat. If you have any suggestions send them along...I'm only young once folks!

No comments: