Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas change-up, plane-up!

So the usual Bendall family Christmas occured this year...I waited patiently, staring at my Santa presents, for my sis, brother-in-law and sawyer to make it to our house! Present unwrapping began and we had a fabulous breakfast! Then for my 1/2 marathon training I got my sis and B-I-L out to Spain Park for a good 5 mile run. (Brooke said she hadn't worked out that much since giving birth! Ha!) I was pleasantly surprised to see lots of happy families trying out new toys. And many illegal mexicans freely enjoying our tax money at work.  The rest of the family arrived and we had more eating and present opening! B-I-L got a Guitar Hero so that replaced a Christmas puzzle this year! 

My cousin Les got laid off in this lovely economic time of ours and decided to enjoy his severance and figure himself out in New York for the month of December. So he was leaving the next day...he jokingly said "you should come back with me Brandi" And me being the continuous traveler that I am...thought...umm... good idea! So for kicks I checked tickets to leave the next day and VOILA...there was one decently priced!! So literally bought the ticket at 11p.m. and left the next day at 5 p.m. You only live once, right????
**Please note, I looked up at my sister with a crying baby and thought...wow...she can't do something like this...I might as well do it for her and for myself! **
Les and I had the best time ever in NYC! He'd been there long enough to know the ropes of it all very well and was staying at friend's place who was gone for the month; it was a perfect fit! I love visiting a city and getting a little sliver of that feeling of actually living there. (and not being in a hotel!) I'm sad I missed a lot of friends who live in NYC since they were home for the holidays! But we covered the city from head to toe. 
My top 5 favorite things we did:
1)Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge 
2) Saw the lovely (ha!) Clay Aiken in Spamalot (hilarious!)
3) Views from Top of the Rock
4)Wandering aimlessly through Central Park with snow on the sidewalks
5) Having a great, delicious deep talk dinner/drinks with my cousin about life

I hope everyone had a MARVELOUS Christmas and New Year!!! (i'll share my thoughts on that soon!)

1 comment:

The Patterson Family said...

That is so great, Brandi! I had no idea you did that, but I admire your spontaneity (did I spell that right)?!? You are so right. Do it while you can b/c you only live once!