Sunday, November 15, 2009

Father know best...or does he?

So as many of you know I go to church every Sunday (well almost every sunday) with my family at the church I grew up going to. We have a great preacher and I get to see my family for the week so it's nice. We usually go to eat afterwards too. But lately I'm beginning to only get annoyed by this b/c it just gives my father a chance to bring up the fact that I don't have a job. He doesn't mean it in a mean way of course but it's just always a weekly nudge of "hey you need to get a job, like as in yesterday". My father is an engineer, who was blessed to have a job waiting on him when he graduated Auburn and stayed with the company for about 25 years, moving up and succeeding, thankfully. But sadly, I didn't receive his math and science brain and have a PR degree, which is not so generous with the job avaliablity or salary.

But it's like he doesn't think I'm looking for a job, like I'm just twiddling my thumbs and wishing on a star for a job. And it's just sooooo annoying! Not to mention that I'm incredibly stubborn and independent, which factors in the fact that I don't want his help. I figured when I told him I was staying in Greece for the summer he would flip, however, he didn't and said, " i trust you Brandi". Well, so if only he'd apply that motto now! Gosh, just trust me, and so what if I don't get a job, you're still gonna let me come back into your house and live! (or at least mom will force you to) Anyhow, I just had to vent. Maybe this is God's way of wanting me to go to a new church, ha! But either way, I just pray my dad has enough patience for my daily annoyingly, painful, not fun at all job search!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!

1 comment: