So I'm not going to lie, since I've been home life's been no breeze. Yeah sure I'm unemployed, can sleep late and have time on my hands. However, even this cheery girl gets down when facing reality, especially living in B'ham and feeling 2 or 3 steps behind in life's steps (good job, marriage, kids,etc..). So naturally I've been thinking about all the things I still want to do in life. The other night I was really down, tears flowing...u-g-l-y! (yes, there was wine involved, ha!) I had some talks with a few friends that helped. And then a guy that I met this summer IMed me. He lives in NYC and we chat occassionally online, so after a few minutes of my friends and him cheering me up, I got a better grip on my head. And I thought about that fact that I was talking to some guy I never would've known existed had I not spent the summer in Greece. And I got to thinking about all the things I have done!!! Tears dried...happy Brandi here to present you with the things I'm proud of myself for accomplishing, paying for, experiencing....So this list is not only for me but also for you out there that might have a day when you feel like you're life's a bore and things don't seem to be going your way...write down the things that have. (sorry if it comes off in any way as bragging)
1) Lived in Grece for a summer, meeting people from around the world (duh!)
2)Bought and paid for my car in full
3) Worked for a nonprofit company, impacting families across Alabama & potentiallly the US
4)Traveled by myself through Italy, many branches of things could go off here! ha!
5) Ran a 1/2 marathon
6) Became an aunt!
7) Been in many fabulous weddings of some of my best friends!
8) Seen the west coast and east coast of the USA
9) Been baptized and love my Lord
10) Skied down many black diamonds (the hardest level-for you nonskiers)
11) Been skinny dipping (recent Oprah episode reminded me of this)
12) Completed college.
13) Have water skiied since I was 5.
14)Have been to the olympics-even if it was field hockey! ha!
15) Driven from Alabama to the Grand Canyon with my family (painful but cool overall to say)
16)Tracked it around Greece w/ one of my best friends...getting lots of free desserts along way.
17)Ridden on the Santa Monica ferris wheel.
18)Been white water rafting.
19)Flown in an airplane smaller than my car from ATL to Savannah w/ a friend flying it! ahh!
20)Walked across Brooklyn Bridge.
P.S. I hope you all got inspired to live it up a little bit more and create some life experience and don't focus too much on the ones you are craving! ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment