Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Day of Festivities!!!


Ok so I think I might have had one of the best Halloween's I've had in a long time. As many of you might know, I love dressing up in any form of costume, mostly any time of the year! ha! I get a small thrill from homemade costumes, (they just seem more legit, I believe) so I got a $3 basketball jersey from Goodwill, some wristbands, tall socks and handmade a donut. Yes, a donut my friends...friday night was interesting at my house watching me try to figure out the felt, stuffing and sprinkles all without sewing abilities! LOL!!! Get it yet...DUNKIN' DONUT!!!!
So when my friend Kyle wanted to do a day of Halloween fun I was super pumped. Most the gang that went w/ us consisted of friends that I've met via my kickball team I was on before I left for Greece. They all bonded while I was gone so I'm now squeezing back into their fun. The day started out by us wearing our costumes to Billy's in Mtn Brook for the early Auburn game. Miraculously that turned out well for the Tigers! YAY! After the win, we headed to bowling...all still in costumes mind you. Good ole Brunswick on 280 had the awesome "cosmic bowling" going on! YAY! Everything glowing and in black lights! HOLLA!!! All the normal people there thought we were crazy and needless to say the place pretty much cleared out by the time we finished our 2 games! The first round I did awesome...celebrating my strikes by doing the splits and dropping my donut as I waddled up to knock the pins down. However, my 126 first game went downhill to a pitiful 77 second game...I will definitely be blaming the beer intake for that downfall!

Finally we all headed to the Lakeview area to get an early start to the block party, which was actually really fun. We hung out in On Tap for a while before and then outside it was super fun, if only it had been like 10 degrees warmer it would have been the perfect Halloween. I even got chosen by the slutty Miller Lite girls for the costume contest! Sadly, Bob Ross dominated...everyone seriously loves a big fro Bob Ross get up! But it was fun no matter what! Overall, just a great fun, adult Halloween. Even though I spent way, way too much money for this day of fun (anyone wanna help me pay my rent this week?) I wouldn't take it back. It was one of those days when I was 100% HAPPY to be single, with no kids and in my late twenties!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lauren Miller said...

I always LOVE your costumes too! The dunkin' donuts idea is awesome. I think you are the most creative person I know!

joyh said...

I totally agree with Lauren :) Your costume was amazing and really made me laugh :) Glad you had so much fun!!