We then began the skiing rounds. For some reason the waters were testing me the most as I swear every boat in Lake Hartwell came out while I was skiing for the first time in almost 2 years, since I didn't in Greece last summer. I have no clue how my legs handled it but my inner child professional skiing self came out and I dominated the mountainous waves! We even gave the wakeboard a good run and a 180 spin or two. Casey was super excited to be at the lake and was willing to drive us all day long if we wanted to ski that long.


That night we grilled out and drank some delicous cocktails and Coronas! I even ate a hotdog, which if I sit and think about is gross, but purely for the sake of America. haha! We scarily attempted some gas station fireworks from the dock...let's just say I think we're all happy we didn't end up with seared hair! LOL!
The next day I adorned my 4th of July spirited outfit to make breakfast. Then we got out early to beat the crazies! Another gorgeous day with amazing weather. However, the jetski was getting low on gas and Haley decided to take it out on one last spin. Mireille and I excitedly wanted to join. We had a great trip around the lake and were about to head back to the dock when I notice some little waves ahead. Nothing to be scared about really except Haley was going kinda fast but I trusted her, I just didn't trust the waves. If you know anything about boating you know it's all about the angle you hit the waves. Well, next thing I know I'm getting bashed by some heavy object then I realize someone (Haley) is on top of me and I need to get to the top of the water to breath. I pop up and pull up my hand which happens to be holding the kill switch. I realize the other girls are there and was totally in shock as to what just happened. Not to mention how I ended up with the kill switch when Haley was driving and had it on her wrist not mine. Next, the pain jabs me and I start to tear up. Apparently when we spun off the end of the jetski slammed into me and then Haley came after that. Needless to say we were all terribly shaken.
We find the jetski and slowly get back to the dock. Where I can barely more my lower back/hip area hurts so badly. Then I start to freak out remember that I don't have insurance yet.
***break-yes I know I need insurance and that's stupid...believe me everyone has told me that now. When I got the new job I had to wait and then I just got busy,blah, blah...i'm on it this week, don't worry*** So then I start freaking out that what if I have internal bleeding or ruptured my spleen ( i know 2 people that have had this happen to them, one of which died from it) Needless to say my trama ruined the mood and we all got a little worried that we were in the woods, not near a hospital,etc if something happened. So we packed up (well they did while I sat helplessly)and headed back to ATL with ice on my hip. By this point I'd done some research and was pretty sure it was just a really bad bruised hip.
I'm doing better today than I thought I would be. Still hurts pretty bad to go up and down stairs and I walk like an 80 year old. However, I'm so happy I didn't have to go to the ER without insurance. It could've gone really bad. So lesson for all out there...be very, very careful on jetskis and don't get too wrapped up in the breeze in the hair feeling it could be costly! Luckily for me it just cost us one less day in the sun, massive Advil, and a few ice packs. Hope your 4th was less painful.


2 comments:
I don't like that story. It sounds scary! You better take care of yourself. The part about y'all having fun at the lake on Saturday does sound fun!!!!!
Glad you are feeling better!! I love how the lesson learned is to not get caught up while having fun on the Jet Ski and not to get insurance the day it becomes available;) Love you!
Post a Comment