Thursday, July 8, 2010

Elementary Patriotic Show

So we've all been there we've all sung the songs and said the pledge every day of our school lives....in the elementary school show/plays. Well this weekend at the lake, surprise, surprise I was uber patriotic. This patriotism included busting out many American songs...mostly just God Bless America. My few lines I sang over and over was educational for Casey, so I felt my duty was accomplished. Did you know that the lines say white with foam?? "From the mountains, to the prairies, To the oceans, white with foam" Great line huh? Many folks just mumble it. We also had to paraphrase for him the whole Francis Scott Key situation. Felt like I was in 3rd or was that 4th, grade all over again. haha!

So to my point...this summer many Europeans/Australians thought it was fun to try and name all the states, while drinking. Obviously I dominated at this but I amazed them most with my state song...alabama, alaska, arizona (ok I'll stop since you can't hear my ringy tune)So I was thinking about my upcoming trip to Montana. I've never been somewhere so outdoorsy, besides snow skiing. So I'm getting super pumped. In honor of the trip, which is really 3 weeks away. I'm listing all the states and if I've been to them. How many have you been to????

(Ennis, Montana, where I'm headed for a long weekend@ end of July)
Alabama- duh- yes
Alaska-no
Arizona- yep (ran my 1/2 marathon there!)
Arkansas-yes (barely)
California- yes
Colorado-yes
Connecticut-no
Delaware-no
Florida-yes
Georgia-yes
Hawaii-no
Idaho-no (but it's very close to Montana, I'll work on that)
Illinois- yes
Indiana-no
Iowa-no
Kansas-yes
Kentucky-yes
Louisiana-yes
Maine-no
Maryland-no
Massachusetts-no
Michigan-no
Minnesota-no
Mississippi-yes
Missouri-yes
Montana-on my way!!!!
Nebraska-no
Nevada-yes
New Hampshire-no
New Jersey-no
New Mexico-yes
New York-yes
North Carolina-yes
North Dakota-no
Ohio-yes
Oklahoma-no
Oregon-no
Pennsylvania-no
Rhode Island-no
South Carolina-yes
South Dakota-no
Tennessee-yes
Texas-yes
Utah-yes
Vermont-no
Virginia-yes
Washington-yes
West Virgina-yes
Wisconsin-no
Wyoming-no
Ok so you don't have to count them b/c I know you're curious...I've been to exactly half the states!!! 25!!! Pretty good for only being alive 29 years! I think I need to make a trip up Northeast to knock a lot off....who wants to join?? Hopefully my trip to Montana will knock out not only one but 2! How many have you been to? If you've flown Southwest I know you've all played the game on the napkin...or maybe that's just me bored on a flight to California. LOL! God Bless America and I'm excited to see some more of it!!!

2 comments:

Sara Singleton said...

You've not been to Maryland? So you've never been to Washington D.C.?

Anonymous said...

I totally kicked your butt at the states game on our flight! If I remember correctly, you listed several of the states twice. :) hehehe