Monday, October 12, 2009

Budget living

Ok so, an issue that needs to be addressed here...my unemployment. So I'm not going to lie, I've been putting this whole real world reality thing off for a long time (a summer's worth obviously). I'm beginning to think I might have Adult ADD since I've not been able to focus on this whole job-hunting thing. But I'm sure my parents and many friends will be happy to tell me it's not ADD. Unfortunatley, I have very muddled feelings about what the heck I wanna do. Although I'm beginning to realize it might not be a matter of WHAT I want to do, so much as who the heck will hire me at all. Looking online and talking to a few friends I've realized how many people are not hiring and those that are I'm not so qualified for the jobs. So, yes....I'm slowly beginning to freak out...slowly.

One of the main reasons being the lovely budget. I have been blessed enough to be reciving unemployment, which is about almost $300 a week. (i have no shame in saying how much y'alls taxes give me weekly) However, I'm realizing how dang quickly that money goes away! Immediately with paying rent and bills..wow...I have like nothing left for the month. I guess I've just always taken advantage of the fact that I'd have a constant flow of money coming in. So even if my checking account got a little low when I bought a plane ticket or went on a shopping spree, I'd have money coming in the next week to not sweat it!

It's just soooo annoying that everything I want to do, everything, invovles money!!! It's so annoying to not even be able to go to Auburn without knowing that I'm going to drop at least $100, probably more by the time I pay for gas, eat out every meal, drinks and game ticket. So yes, obviously, I'm going to lose my social life and be eating beans (literally i bought black & pinto beans galore b/c they were the 2/1 at Publix last week) for many weeks. I'm beginning to join the coupon circle full force. And trying to talk my mom into taking me "back to school" shopping again! ha! Unfortunately, I got the bug for traveling, it's gonna be hard to budget w/ my Uncle Sam pay check but I'll figure it out.

So...if you hear of anything out there for a PR/Marketing/Education/Training/Anything cool, let me know! Also, if you know anyone who needs a babysitter I take cash and can still get my unemployment! haha! I continue to remind myself that there are so many more people in the same situation and most are much worse off with many more responsibilities than I. But gosh the Lord has spoiled me a lot in life, so it ain't easy!

No comments: