me dying laughing at one of Christos many falls
Haley & me in our cool skating kicksSo usually January is pretty slow without much excitment going on but I have a feeling this one is gonna be different, especially if it's anything like this weekend! Friday kicked off my weekend of fun with Haley and Christos. He, of course living on a tiny Greek island all his life, had never been roller skating! So that was on the to-do list while he was here. I met them at Skates 280 that afternoon and it was so much fun! I seriously haven't felt so childlike for an extended period of time like I did that day! We had the old school 4-wheel-rollerskates and Christo just couldn't grasp the concept of how to skate. And Haley and I realized it's kinda hard to explain too! He busted many, many hilarious times! And even though I never busted I had some close calls of slipping a bit. We suprisingly realized that rollerblades were gonna be easier on him. He finally started to pick up on the concept of how to skate. But I'm not kidding you it was hilarious!!! Luckily there weren't too many other people there so we pretty much had the rink to ourselves. Haley and I tried every way to pull him along & teach though! Also, may I add there is just something kinda freeing about skating, maybe it is b/c it takes you back to your childhood, carefree days. But once you get going and the wind in your air a bit (ha!) it's super, super fun! Not to mentioned we definitely played Skeetball and Airhockey while we were there and even got enough tickets to get each of us a prize! haha! After that we went to see It's Complicated, which was sooo much funnier than I had expected. Needless to say lots of calories burned by laughing Friday and that's my kind of work out! :)
Saturday, of course, was great to. So glad Lauren & Kevin are back in America so we can throw baby Brooks a shower. Lauren got so many good presents, the food was great, Ross Bridge was so nice and loved seeing faces I haven't seen in a while! That night we also got together at Lauren's house. She made dinner for us all and we had a group of about 10 of us sitting around the table for hours covering everything from babies (of course :) ) to blog stalking to best pair of jeans to shopping websites!! Haha! Great girls night with wine and good friends! Loved it! Sunday Haley had a wedding tea, which was a usual tea, except for the fact that it kinda hit me that she's really getting married!! ahhh!! I can't believe it! I might be the biggest mess at her wedding, seriously someone come play in Greece with me for it! I'll need the support!
Hope this week is as great! Thanks to all you out there who made it fabulous! xoxo!
2 comments:
Had a blast Sat & Sat night hanging out with everyone! Way fun girl time!! Don't think I didn't check out ALL the things we talked about...ha!
I had so much fun seeing you Brandi!!! You are one of the most entertaining people I know!
Post a Comment