Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Iraq, next place to visit?

Haha! Ok I'm definitely not going to Iraq but just thought it would catch your attention. Because I wanna give a shout out to our military today on here. As many of you may know, my dear friend Stephen Elrod has been deployed to Baghdad, Iraq for 6 months. He left at the beginning of December, missing the holiday season with his family & friends. Stephen is a pilot with Delta. He originally was in the Air Force but then got out. Then, couple years later joined Alabama's National Guard since he had spare time as a pilot and needed some extra income. Therefore...he got chosen to head off to defend our country from these crazy, mean spirited people out there.
For the first time I'm actually paying attention when the news says: "another bombing in Iraq with 3 US military dead". I think we hear that so often that we take it for granted that these are husbands, fathers, brothers, sister, mothers, and friends whose lives are gone forever. So just wanted to ask that y'all pray for Stephen, his fiance, family and friends. And of course all the other military out there. I feel only an itty bitty bit of what these families feel every day!
I'm hoping to get a fun package together for Stephen next month so if you wanna add a card or something to it, let me know! I know they all absolutely love any mail! Today I put together a picture collage from some past fun trips &times we've had and actually hand wrote a letter to send him (haven't done that since like high school i think!ha!) this month. He did get to meet a celeb out there at least, Anna Kournakova came for a visist, I'm sure all the guys were drooling! haha! I've attached that picture and another one of us! Thanks for the prayers! And GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! :) I trusted him enough to fly in this teeny tiny plane with him to Savannah!Crazy!

No comments: