On October 4th at 3:19am...I received the most amazing gift from my sister!!! A nephew!!! Brooke's water starting "slowly leaking" on Friday afternoon so they checked her into the hospital and waited for her to birth. We all sat around for hours...waiting for something, watching the monitors and laughing that Brooke wasn't feeling any of the contractions she was having. Finally they gave her some drugs to speed it along but told us all to go home b/c it wouldn't be until 7 or 8 am. Both grandmother's refused to leave of course! Well after hours of tossing and turning! Mom called me at 5 am but before she said anything I said WAIT!! Don't tell me what it is, I want to walk in that room and find out from Brooke and Matthew! So I threw on clothes ran to the car (almost hit a runner, seriously 5 am in the dark for a jog...homewood people are crazy!) and literally FLEW to the hospital...going 60 mph down Broadway! (possibly going faster than when Volree called to say her and Nick got engaged and she needed her phone and camera! Scary beth, right?! Ha!)
So I opened the door and I said WHAT IS IT!! They had made me wait all this time!! She said guess and I said i don't know....a girl? And she said no BOY!!!! hahaha!!!! I was sooo excited!!! I didnt' care what it was!! Matthew was convinced it was a girl b/c of the odds of girl were more likely when compared to what all their other friends were having! and Brooke thought it would be a girl too b/c in the last sonogram they had hours before the birth the baby had a "girlie face"!!! haha! Poor Sawyer! But he does have pretty lips (in the sonogram they look just like Shiloh's) But I am just glad he was a healthy baby and that Brooke didn't have any problems! She actually said it was pretty easy b/c she couldn't feel anything! Ha! He was a lil jaundice after he left the hospital so they put him on a "tanning bed" for a week and now he's all better!
I had a crazy week/weekend but got to go see him last night after 5 days of being away and I could literally just hold him all day long! He still sleeps a lot but i think that will wear off after his 'real' due date comes around. Brooke and Matthew are finding their balance and have some amazing friends, family and church folks to bring them food and help out. Someone even anonymously cleaned their gutters while they were in the hospital!
But with Sawyer in my life now I'm just so excited to see what the future holds for him. I know that Brooke and Matthew will be fabulous parents. I have no doubt that Sawyer will be one of a kind with them raising him! I can only hope that he continues to love his Aunt Brandi and will think I'm the cool one! (but I will be since I'll take him to cool places like Greece, ha!) I know that this responsibility will only strengthen me as an individual, friend, sister and daughter! And that excites me times 1,000!!!!!
2 side notes: #1 No, he's not named after the character on LOST, none of us even watch the show but it's funny since that was one of our discussion points was "is there any famous people named sawyer?" Little did we know...haha!
#2 I won't give up my efforts to make him an Auburn boy but considering his arrival did mess up my long awaited plans to go to Nashville for the Auburn/Vandy game, which we were all pumped about...I'm thinking only a Bama fan would do something like that! LOL! ;)
2 comments:
So precious, Brandi! Congrats!! There's nothing any sweeter in the world than a precious little miracle you can hold in your arms!!
Being an aunt has got to be one of the most incredible things ever. When I think of how close I am to my Aunt Angie and how much I admire her, it makes me really excited to have a niece.
Post a Comment