Monday, October 20, 2008

Happily always the bridesmaid...


I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid in Lisa's wedding last weekend. After my conference I made the LONG drive to ATL. (i thought I'd never get there!) It was a perfect wedding weekend! The weather felt fabulous!! And it was great to be back together with my favorite zeta girls! Lisa and Kyle have been through a lot with the recent loss of Kyle's father and Lisa's uncle, so this weekend was a joyous event for all, even with many special people missing. The rehearsal dinner was at a Mexican restaurant with nonstop food and drinks! Yum! And may I add one of the calmest wedding days I've ever been a part of. I think mainly b/c there wasn't 50,000 pictures that Lisa wanted taken so we just did our few group shots, drank champagne and waited for the guest to arrive! She got married at Park Tavern in Midtown in  a room that overlooks Piedmont Park! It was gorgeous, especially as the day faded to night and the ATL skyline lit up! 

We all know it's a running joke about me catching the bouquets at weddings. (caught 8 of them) I get a lil competitive after a few drinks and do it for all the short people out there! Ha! Also it makes for funny pictures with me leaping in the air to catch them. Well Cathy decided that Haley needed to catch it so, she pushed me during the bouquet toss but with my quick skills I tried to stay on my feet still leaping for the bouquet and BOOM...fell right on my tush!!!!!!  It was quite a scene and I can only imagine what the pictures will look like. But of course GIANT Haley caught it! Cathy tried to deny it at first but got called out! Ha! Afterwards we all went to The Warren and had a fabulous wedding night into the wee hours! Lisa asked me: "Brandi do you ever get tired of being a bridesmaid." And my response was "No not at all because every single one is so different: different bride, different families, different places, overall a new experience every time! " :)  And as a drunk 40 year old divorcee told me in the bathroom, "honey that's the greatest honor a friend can give you, to be their bridesmaid!" haha!!!! :) 

No comments: