Friday, October 17, 2008

Political humor

So, I'm not too much of a political talker unless you are totally disrespectful. (long story of me fighting with a German in Greece about President Bush! Ha!) Overall, I think that everyone should make their individual choice on who they want to vote for and why. For instance, I'm not going to lie, on some of the state ballots I vote for the one with the more fun name or who's commercial I like. Ha!  Whatever your reason, do what you want but at least vote b/c you can't complain if you don't vote! Personally, I know I should be more educated on issues and politics but lately I've decided that maybe if I just pray a lot God will take care of our country! I'll vote for McCain come November but even if Obama wins I won't be totally mad. Our country is a mess right now so whichever candidate wins has his hands full! 

I'm just happy all this news coverage will be over!! But last night when i couldn't sleep due to my annoying cough, I was flipping through the channels. I landed on the Presidential Candidates Roast! I was intrigued, so i watched, and I laughed! It was actually pretty fun! Both Obama and McCain poked fun at themselves, the media, and each other! Overall, very impressive. Yes, you could tell someone had written the jokes for them probably but still it was very refreshing to watch after all the back and forth banter. So if you're bored, google it and watch it online (i'm sure it's out there somewhere!). If not for anything else than this really old man sitting behind the candidates as they talked and it's like he forgot he was on TV and he kept doing funny things! haha!  


No comments: