Friday night, we did an in house lingerie soiree with Keightley joining us! Yay! (who by the way is looking so cute preggers!) We had some lasagna, salad and lovely penis cupcakes. I'll spare the vulgar icing details! ha! After present opening, Ali busted out the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease dvd, which was quite priceless. I'm not going to lie, it was super fun to attempt...attempt being the key word for all of us! Not to mention probably the only time we'll see a pregnant lady working it like that! (at least we'd all had a few beverages to help us snap and pop!) Then all we had to do was skip (literally) across the street to 17-16. Luckily I still knew a bartender and AU still has dirt cheap drinks so needless to say we were happy to charge up a low bar tab! Since most of us left our "penis straws" at home, the only embarrassment for Lisa was her to-do list! One of which was to find a guy with a condom and let me just say that we have officially surveyed the men of Auburn and only 1 in 12 guys have a condom! Sad huh? Or maybe amusing! We then proceeded on to the sadness of what Bodegas has become and then called it a night...luckily only have to walk across the street to get into bed! Yay! Saturday we did breakfast at Keightley's (yum!) and were entertained by Libby her precious 2 year old! Finally tailgate for a bit. We watched the game at Skybar, which was perfect for beverages and Auburn atmosphere! Megan and I were the only ones who toughed it out from a long day of beverages and made it til the wee hours to wake everyone up when we finally made it home to pig out on some chips and dip!!!
I could go into many embarrassing/hilarious stories from the weekend because as always I laugh my head off with these girls! But my overall point was just how good it felt to be in Auburn again and like the bar, Cheers: everyone knew my name. I was so glad to see so many people in Auburn, which i didn't expect b/c A. I'm getting old B. it was Labor day weekend. It just made my Auburn weekend that much more fabulous. All my girls gave me a hard time b/c literally everywhere we went I saw someone I knew, which of course yes, it's expected since I tend to talk a lot. But overall, it was just good to feel some familiarity in Auburn because ironically I feel that slipping away in Bham these days. Well maybe not slipping away, just changing; I have trouble with change so that may be why Auburn felt exhilarating! I hope you all find some familiarity in your week and that you savor it because you never know how long it will last! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment